The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is seriously just curiosity, but how do you guys decide when/why a new moderator is added to the team? From what I can gather, it sounds like the mods can 'retire' when they decide that is best, but then how do you guys decide who fills that spot? Also, how do you decide how many mods you need? Do you ever have too many mods? What's the difference between a moderator and an administrator?
Sorry, I've just been looking around trying to find answers to these questions, and I can't seem to figure them out!
Thank you!

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, I thought of another question.
Can you 'nominate' yourself? Like, could anyone contact the team and ask to become a moderator? Or do the moderators have to reach out to you, and ask if you want to be a moderator?
Thanks again!

·
Administrator
36,137 Posts
The Forum originally belonged to someone known by members as Mike. He sold it to the company who now own it.
As an active owner, he was responsible deciding who the first Mods were and from then on new Mods were brought in after a Team discussion that involved nominating potential mods and voting if needed.
Some of the current Team have been Mods since Mike was in charge.
Since then we’ve continued in the same way.
I wouldn’t say we’ve ever had too many Mods though there was a bigger Team when I first joined it.
Being Admin gives me more access to the inner workings.

·
Administrator
36,137 Posts
Oh, I thought of another question.
Can you 'nominate' yourself? Like, could anyone contact the team and ask to become a moderator? Or do the moderators have to reach out to you, and ask if you want to be a moderator?
Thanks again!
No you can’t nominate yourself.
If someone did let us know that they’d be interested we’d make a note of that for future reference but no guarantee they’d ever get on the list of potentials

1 - 5 of 5 Posts