The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone (well, specifically the full figured ladies!!) I ride at a family barn, and quite frankly, my chest is stupid big. I am wondering, how do you keep your betties at bay when riding?? Even the trot is painful, I am going to end up with a black eye!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
sports bras! plural! I find 2 will do the trick, haha

·
Registered
492 Posts
I should just get them removed xD
I am! Went to see a plastic surgeon and I more than qualify to have them taken back a few cup sizes. :) I'm looking forward to being a B cup for the first time in my life.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I lost 40 pounds and gained a cup size. I was so upset!! lol

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Haha, I understand. I am not really that big (large C, small D) and unless I have a really good bra, riding at anything other than a walk on even a super smooth horse kills me. I am a firm believer in the high impact sports bras and I will not ride without one. They take a little getting used to cause they really smush everything but it is so much better than being sore at the end of a short ride.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, I understand. I am not really that big (large C, small D) and unless I have a really good bra, riding at anything other than a walk on even a super smooth horse kills me. I am a firm believer in the high impact sports bras and I will not ride without one. They take a little getting used to cause they really smush everything but it is so much better than being sore at the end of a short ride.

I am a EE right now :( I have never heard of a High impact sports bra, where can I get such a marvelous thing? it's that or buy stocks in Duct tape!!

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
LOL. You can get them at almost any store like Target, K-mart, or Wal-Mart. There is another thread on here somewhere that talks about a bra that some women have that is especially designed for equestrians, specifically dressage riders, and it is supposed to be really good.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I don't really belong here (B cup), but I do have a no bounce sports bra that I were all of the time riding, running, playing soccer, etc.

Enell Sports Bra - the no bounce bra from Enell Sports Bra.com

There is the kind I have. There are some other brands, and one designed specifically for equestrian women, but I would have to search around to find it.

·
Banned
5,892 Posts
I am a D and I wear a Danskin high impact sports bra when i ride. They're inexpensive (around 15) and can be bought at walmart. When im looking to control the ladies, i always buy a size smaller in the cup and the band. Im a 36 D and I bought a 34 C. It helps me! Otherwise they'd be so beat up and stretched out, I might as well tie them in a knot!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I will keep them for now because they help me get what I want ;)
Once I'm married and settle down I won't need them anymore, or perhaps I'll get fake ones. They always look so nice.

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
I really, really, really like the Champion sports bras. Check out their website for their high motion control bras; they're wonderful. I much prefer them to the 2 sports bra method.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to everyone for the replies and keep them coming!! I found a brand called Jeunique that does not cost a fortune and are for "sports minded" women. Maybe I'll give that a try, but I am still open to suggestions.

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
The Champion sports bras are expensive, but they do run sales twice a year where they're all 20.00. The sale is on right now.

The also wear extremely well. I have one I refer to as body armor - absolutely nothing moves.

Here's links:

Champion® Double Dry® Action Shape Sports Bra

And, the body armor:

Champion® Shape Scoop-Back Full-Figure Underwire Sports Bra

I am currently a 42D, and am very active. Not just with the horses, but at the gym, too. I've gotten to the point that these bras are all I wear.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My daughter played soccer and rode. He was large breasted. I found her a bra in a catalog called "title nine sports" they were more expensive than regular but they really, really made a difference for her. He had been wearing 2 bra's and she was able to get by with just one of the title nine bra's.

Rhonda

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am a smaller lady but I still lock and load the girls. I can relate to the issues finding a bra that fits properly though Im sure with a larger chest its even harder. If you haven't I'd go in for a proper bra fitting and find a sports bra that fits you properly. I wear a normal bra and then a sports bra over top. Last thing any of us women want when riding is to feel uncomfortable because of our blessings.

Good luck on the bra hunt.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I second the Enell No Bounce Sports Bra. That is what I use and I am a DD. You do not bounce and I don't hurt after I ride.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.