Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engraved Shank Roller Bar Correction Bit by Partrade

Aluminum Smooth Correction Bit, 5" Sweet Iron mouth w/ copper barrels, 8" Engraved aluminum cheeks. 5½" shank. 2" port. Imported.

I'm assuming the 8" is from top to botton so where is the 5 1/2?

Also - comments from western pleasure folks on this bit please?

Pro's, con's... better bit suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
27,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
27,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does help. Thanks.

Just so I understand:

Less curve is more
Longer shank is more

What about those S shaped ones? Are they more or less?

·
Super Moderator
27,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and you are talking 5 1/2 inches from like the mouth down. Nothing above right? So if I take a ruler, that's the length I'm looking at, right?

·
Super Moderator
27,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
K. I ordered it. Thanks for the help guys.

If I need more then I think my next step is a "roller"? He apparently pulls too much on the bit which is probably from the fact that I kept way too much contact on him. We're getting better though...

·
Super Moderator
27,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I might want a roller in the port? I'm really not sure. I only found one bit online that had a roller in the port though.....

·
Super Moderator
27,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Riley actually doesn't like a solid bit as much. I'm thinking, to him, it may be more harsh. He seems happier in the correction bit. My new trainer mentioned that I may need a roller. I was going to wait two weeks before I take another lesson which was why I was kind of asking for the advice here. But I think I may try to sneak one this weekend. (I have the vet coming on Monday for shots and chiro so the RESPONSIBLE thing would be to wait two weeks for a lesson)...

Anyway... I am pretty ignorant on bits. My horse Pistol used the same copper roller D ring his entire show career and I still have that bit on his bridle. He had a western bit that was probably a tom thumb now that I think of it. It's collecting dust somewhere since he only gets ridden about once every 6 months anymore. He's 28 this year....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.