The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lady coming to look at our yearling on Sunday. She is driving about 3-4 hrs to get here. I have had someone else express interest in mama pony and the yearling and the possibility of buying them both. I want to be a courteous seller and not sell the yearling out from under the lady coming Sunday but I don't want to lose another potential buyer as well. How do I handle a situation like this???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,508 Posts
First one with money gets the horse.

Anyone who's had horses long enough knows this.

The only thing you need to do if you sell the horse before Sunday, is to let the lady know beforehand so she doesn't drive all that way for nothing.

Of course, 'being interested' doesn't translate to 'cash in hand'. When does the other party want to come and see the horses?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,508 Posts
One more thing; even if the lady today says, "Oh, I want both of them!" but doesn't give you any money, the horses are still technically for sale.

If she doesn't put a deposit down, just saying she wants them means nothing. A lot of people will say they want a horse, but when it comes time to actually put down money, they suddenly disappear.

Like I said, first one with cash in hand gets 'em. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,455 Posts
Exactly!!! The first one that pays me for the horse can take it home. I never hold horses for anyone because they can back out after I have told someone the horse was sold then people that wanted to come and look at the horse wonder why the sale fell through and are less likely to buy it or they have gone on to find another horse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
If I have someone truely interested who I think will be a good home, but they are coming later in the week, and then someone else wants to come tomorrow and is also very interested and would be a good home, I will let the first person know I have someone else very interested who may buy tomorrow... if they would like to put down a non-refundable deposit I will hold the horse until they come out, otherwise I will let them know what the person COMING first decides on. That's the way I do it.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top