The Horse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a dull day today, our fridge quit on us last Sat. we have ordered a new one and it should be delivered today. It is now 6:30 pm and still no fridge. I have wasted a day sitting around when I could have been riding.
I was thinking to relieve the boredom I would post a quote and maybe others would like to post one as well.

Here goes, this one made me laugh out loud when I read it.
"We all know that mirrors don't lie. I'm just grateful that they don't laugh."

Anybody else have a quote????

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
My sig is my favorite one, where horses are concerned.

But —- I was not too good in the “wait” department as a kid. My favorite life’s quote was the one mom preached to me all the time “a watch pot never boils”. :):)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
@Woodhaven - horses used to pull us in carriages and now we pull them in trailers:D

'There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes.' Connolly

I've been forgetting too many things lately. This morning, I wrote and lost two shopping lists, then forgot to take the second one with me to the supermarket, so:

'As you get older, three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and i can't remember the other two.' N Wisdom

Also:

'Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.'

Two of many sent to me by a very good friend; she always arrives at my door with cookies and chocolate, or chocolate cookies. We've stuck together through good and bad times:

'There's nothing better than a friend, than a friend with chocolate'
'We been friends for so long, that I can't remember which one of us is the bad influence'

Lastly, one that struck a cord with me. When I was five or six, a new teacher wouldn't believe me that the way I was spelling my name was correct. I remember her rapping me on the knuckles with a ruler when i wouldn't change it. It took a visit to the Headmaster by my mum to 'explain' that the teacher was wrong - on so many levels. Never annoy a scottish mum🤣.

'My teacher pointed to me with his ruler and said: "at the end of this ruler is an idiot!" I got detention when I asked "which end"'

·
Registered
191 Posts
'My teacher pointed to me with his ruler and said: "at the end of this ruler is an idiot!" I got detention when I asked "which end"'
Oh my gosh!! That is hilarious!! I couldn't stop laughing!😂🤣😂🤣
My dad was always saying things like that when he went to school, my brother too!
So funny! That has got to be my favorite quote ever! I think you deserve a trophy or something! That was amazing!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Dad (rip) when someone would ask where he lived would say Lynchburg Virginia. They would always say "oh...home of Jack Daniel's whiskey!" He'd say, "no that's Tennessee...,this is the home of Jerry Falwell and Fleet enemas".

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like
"3 choices in life, give up, give in, or give it all you got."
"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough"
I do not know who actually said them so...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts