The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where to put this, but Is there a possible way to find a picture of my horse as a racehorse? He won race(s) and I know the places where he did, but it was about ten years ago.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Contact the track photographers where he won the races. They might keep the negatives of the photos theyve taken and they might not.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I find out who the track photographer is? The track he won at is Sunland Park if that helps.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Is it Sunland Park in New Mexico? I just looked on their website and couldn't find anything, but your best bet would be to call probably the main office and see if you can either get the name of the photography agency or get connected to their office on the track.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
^^only if you find the pictures and can see what they are, i think.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
If you know what farm/barn he raced for, you can look it up....but that would definitely require some local knowledge/more digging.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Last year I tried to look up race/winner's circle pics of my mare from '97, '98 & '99, but te track photographers didn't keep pictures from that long ago.

It seems like you have a much better chance of finding pictures taken within the last 5-6 years, when horse show/race pictures went digital and stopped mailing out your proofs...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes that is Honor :) a gelding.

And argh, yeah he won the race in 1999. Ill prob never find the pic then, because I cant seem to find the track photographer on the internet at least.

Thank You all btw!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.