The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I have been told the it looks worse than what it is, but I have been putting M.T.G. on it and it doesnt look much better. Our barn wont be done for about two weeks at the most, so for now he has to be out in weather, does anyone have a good product they use for this.

My horse had a HORRIBLE case of rainrot...covered his whole hindend to his withers and it was very painful for him. I washed him with Betadine every couple days and used a 50:50 solution of the brown (must be brown) and baby oil. Let it sit for a couple days wash him again with the betadine and the scabs will come off pain free. Clear Forrests case up within a week and hair starting growing back right away. I have tried many things, but this by far gave me the best results in a short time...here is a picture of his rainrot back....( note he was a rescue case, so he doesn't look like this anymore) But rainrot got him really badly due to poor immune system.

http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/45072/2633877840035160315S600x600Q85.jpg

Good Luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My horse had a HORRIBLE case of rainrot...covered his whole hindend to his withers and it was very painful for him. I washed him with Betadine every couple days and used a 50:50 solution of the brown Listerine (must be brown) and baby oil. Let it sit for a couple days wash him again with the betadine and the scabs will come off pain free. Clear Forrest's case up within a week and hair starting growing back right away. I have tried many things, but this by far gave me the best results in a short time...here is a picture of his rain rot back....( note he was a rescue case, so he doesn't look like this anymore) But rain rot got him really badly due to poor immune system.

http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/45072/2633877840035160315S600x600Q85.jpg

Good Luck!
Sorry forgot to tell you what brown and not sure how to edit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.