The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Its rained here every day this week and I only got out on Monday to see Oliver for an hour or so. Now, my question is, what are some things I could make for him while the weathers gross? I wanna hear everything, recipes for treats, fabric things, fly spray (even though its almost winter), anything you could think of! Keep in mind I don't have any of his stuff here, only his rugs. Have at it! Thanks in advance!:D

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
While I do ride in the rain, I also take the opportunity to clean the rafters in the barn of cobwebs, carefully go over the barn/stalls/corrals/fences and make repairs to them. Tack gets cleaned extra well. Stall floors get leveled and repacked.

Otherwise, I make rope halters. My boss makes bridles, reins, breast collars and standing martingales. I condition them. We keep a bunch on hand at the trailer for anyone who has an equipment malfunction.

Or, pick up a book at the library on braiding. You can start by practicing with baling twine. A friend makes door mats from baling twine, too. They are sturdy and great for cleaning mud off boots at the door. They are ugly, though!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally I wouldn't have a problem riding in the rain, but its also been hecka windy and almost at freezing tempratures. I'll have to check out the rope halter idea. Thanks boots.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Rainy days for me usually involve teaching the horses tricks while procrastinating on other chores. Smiling, yawning, yes/no, speaking on cue. Stupid things really, but we have fun with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.