The Horse Forum banner

Ranch horse

1167 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  COWCHICK77
I’m showing my half Arab in a show next weekend, I’m showing in ranch horse and I’m trying to figure out if I’m allowed to use a one eared bridle in ranch horse. Can someone help me figure this out!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Someone else please feel welcome to correct me, but the only guiding rules to the ranch horse classes that I have seen show bills for is no flashy silver on the tack and no braids on the horse. I don't see why they would have specific rules on one eared bridles vs two eared vs browbands...

Hopefully one of the people who regularly rides and competes in ranch classes can offer more :)

· Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Traditionally a one ear headstall goes on a curb bit which the horse is shown in his 6 year old year.
So depending on what association rules the show is using, the age of the horse and the bit used would determine your headstall.

Reactions: horselovinguy

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone else please feel welcome to correct me, but the only guiding rules to the ranch horse classes that I have seen show bills for is no flashy silver on the tack and no braids on the horse. I don't see why they would have specific rules on one eared bridles vs two eared vs browbands...

Hopefully one of the people who regularly rides and competes in ranch classes can offer more :)
I’ve show ranch horse at this same show I’m going to 2 different times with 2 different horses so I knew about the flashy silver thing but I’ve been using a one eared bridle for practice and I wanna continue using it for the show bit idk if I can

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Traditionally a one ear headstall goes on a curb bit which the horse is shown in his 6 year old year.
So depending on what association rules the show is using, the age of the horse and the bit used would determine your headstall.
My mare is 19 and I’m using a long shank curb bit I used a similar bit and same bridle for pleasure in this same show

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.