The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in 8 days i will be turning 17 and its gonna be horrible!! I had to get ride of my pony because he went blind in one eye and i was out growing him. I feel so left out because all my friends at the barn have their own horses and ponies and are going to shows this summer and their saying how much fun it will be and stuff. I feel like i missing out on a big part of my life because i really want a horse of my own and to be able to show because thats what makes me happy. But im scared if i dont own a horse and show that in a couple years i wont have time for any of it anymore. Its a big part of my life right now so i want to do as much as i can while i still can. I don't think my parents understand that. There's nothing i want more than a horse for my birthday but i know that will never happen. I just don't know what to do.

·
Registered
573 Posts
i remember feeling like that before getting my horse. I only had lesson horses to ride, and lots of people were coming to the stables with ribbons and stories of how fun the show was.

If you can't ride in the show, give yourself a job to do at the show. Be the official video taper or be a groom for one of the riders. This will put you in the middle of the show and you will be making a contribution aswell as having fun and watching people ride. And by doing that, once you get to ride in the show, you will know what to do and what to expect.

I'm sorry that you had to sell your pony, but don't worry! A horse will come along that is just right for you at the right price! =D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.