The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't even want to bring this up because it seems little and insignificant to me, but it's almost 2am and I'm tired lol.
The auto correct of the word "G-u-n-n-a" In the forum is driving me mad. Changes that word to Going To. While I understand that it is totally to keep people from being lazy, but...

There's several of us off the top of my head whose horses names involve that word. Because of this horse:

A lot of horses have the word Gun, Gunner, Gun-na, etc.

Like my little one of G-u-n-n-a Be Amazin
and I have another one on the ground (name pending) called G-u-n-n-a Wright Chex
Stud horse I am breeding to is G-u-n-n-a Roll

You see my problem lol

Gunna Be Amazin
Gunna Wright Chex
Gunna Roll

Sorry to bother you. Is there any reality where this might change?

I know it's petty. I apologize. :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Are you sure it isn't being done by your device? My MacBook doesn't seem to have any sort of autocorrect-thing happening... I mean, it'll tell me when a word is spelled "wrong," but it doesn't automatically change it. My iPhone has the same thing, on this forum and off.

But I am using Apple products and maybe that's the difference?

Or does it happen after you post? I'll see what happens if I do it... Gunna

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I think its your device. I'm using an Asus Laptop running Windows 8 and I use Firefox and it will underline Gunna but not change it on me.

Same thing on my Iphone.

Edit:

Okay that is weird. If I click edit it says GUNNA. But when I post it changes to Going to

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Dell desktop running Windows 7 in Google Chrome.

Gunna

gunna

Doesn't change it to "going to" whether or not I capitalize it (thought it might have something to do with that). Only thing it does is capitalize the second "gunna" which was originally typed lower case (and still shows lower case when I edit).

Reactions: anndankev

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Interesting.

Generally, I can 'feel' it when I make a typo, or even type a different word than I intend to.

Lately it seems I see a small word, such as a preposition or adjective, display as a different one from what I am sure I have typed.

Thought I was just getting old. Now maybe I can blame it on something else. Hahahaha

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
It's Gunna work.
Gunna
Gunna be happy.

Doesn't change at all on my iPhone when I type it. I never get lines, sometimes auto correct but rarely.

Edit - so that's weird, it did auto correct in sentences but not by itself. Only when posted and not in edited view. Which is what a previous poster said, I know, but I didn't really believe it. I wonder how many things of mine have been corrected and I didn't know?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Eureka, I have found the Fountain of Youth. LOL

I'm meaning that in the sense that as far as these 'typos' of mine, maybe I am not as old as I think.

·
Administrator
35,936 Posts
To add my two penny'sworth
It didn't autocorrect on my computer until after I posted it
I also tried sending an email from the address I use for the forum to my general personal address and it didn't auto-correct that so I don't think it is something that's being 'controlled' my end

Typing in G unna here - Gunna
And the same here but in bold Gunna

Edit - so now it isn't autocorrecting at all - and I've done nothing different my end
We did wonder if it was something set up in the forum system to deter members using text speak, slang and 'naughty' words

·
Registered
14,242 Posts
LOL! Gunna Trashya, gunna run to the store

Nope, it's still doing it. I typed G u n n a,(oh heck looky here what it did) and g u n n a and it red lined them before I posted and auto corrected when I posted without correcting. Funny, but yes, annoying because I'm one who has Gunner lines.

·
Registered
802 Posts
ROFL try typing out Micky Mouse in all caps as if you were singing the song, does the same thing. Doesn't like the letter u at all. lol

Reactions: anndankev
1 - 20 of 31 Posts