The Horse Forum banner

rationing question

4450 Views 28 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  farmpony84
OKay so i was just wondering how much poundage per meal is ok.

ginger is getting
6lbs triple crown senior
6lbs beet pulp
Per DAY. split in two feedings (3lbs each per meal).

Is that too much? Thats 6 lbs per feeding . Should it be broken into 3 meals or is it okay in the two meals ?

thanks!
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2,716 Posts
I have been extremely lucky with my vet. He and his staff are really knowledgeable on nutrition and keep up with all the new supplements and feeds and how they affect the horses in their care.

· Banned
12,825 Posts
No i have not asked my vet... and i have a nutrisionist in the area i can call but its not cheap..

again, all i asked was if the poundage was too much per meal. far from that i dont need your opinion on who i should call to ask.
Telling you who to call and ask is answering your question. Do not be too stubborn to realize that.

· Registered
2,091 Posts
Please do not pigeon hole all DVM's. Our practice has a doctor that specializes in pretty much everything. If they don't know, the university is just a phone call or e-mail away.

A vet can do a blood panel to see what the mare is short on. There may be nutrients her body is not utilizing correctly.

maybe reread what you quoted I said... because you are missing it

· Registered
2,091 Posts
vets do ONE semester of general nutrition. so unless your vet has taken extra EQUINE nutrition it is a wasted vet trip

MLS there is what I said... so what are you missing I highlighted and bolded it for you to see :?

· Registered
5,455 Posts
Anybody want to place bets on how many posts untill this thread gets closed?

· Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
kevin why dont you find something else to entertain your time.. you obviosly have nothing better to do. I on the other hand have to go now. real life calls.

why would this get closed ? i asked for some info and i have recieved it . END.. no need for any more posts.

· Super Moderator
27,780 Posts
kevin why dont you find something else to entertain your time.. you obviosly have nothing better to do. I on the other hand have to go now. real life calls.

why would this get closed ? i asked for some info and i have recieved it . END.. no need for any more posts.
Closed.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.