Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Snowman, the Champion Jumper

Trying to find anybody that could help me out? This has been driving me crazy for the past couple years!
It is about the champion jumper, Snowman. There was a recent documentary about him called "Harry & Snowman". A Couple years previous a new book came out about him called 'The Eighty-Dollar Champion'.
I read the original book "Snowman" back in Jr. HIgh (mid 60's) and I could swear there was a movie about him shortly thereafter, too. But I can't find any info on it anywhere! It might have been more of a docudrama, but I don't think so. I keep wanting to think it was a Disney film as is seems most of them were, but not sure. It was not "The Horse in the Gray-Flanneled Suit" or "Nautical, the Horse With the Flying Tail".
Can anybody help me?

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
All I can find is a movie titled The Cinderella Horse made in 1948. Haven't found any clips or other information to see if that is the one you are talking about.

All other information is about the more recent moves.

·
Super Moderator
14,321 Posts
There were a few books written and many magazine covers along with television appearances for Harry & Snowman over the years.
I wonder if you might be thinking of a book instead of a movie?
I know of only the documentary film done you refer to.
YouTube videos were made of the pair..
Home movies the family took have been shared too....
Could you be thinking of some of these?

Harry and his family were/are "horse-people" and were well known to the horsey set.
I remember watching Harry as the "Galloping Grandfather" riding at his farm
on Long Island.
The man was a showman and a spectacular rider, unconventional in style and form, but he got the job done fabulously!
Today his children continue with their love of horses as professional show riders, trainers, instructors and also did judge at one time {not sure they still do}...
They follow the show circuit with stables in several locations depending upon the season of spring, summer, fall & winter series.
:runninghorse2:...
Snowman was buried in St. James, on what was Hollandia Farm.
This was Harry Deleyers farm and residence...since sold I don't know if much exists anymore. Homes crept in to the prestigious area and as we know horse properties perish for large $$$$$$$.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.