Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just wanted to see if I'm interpreting this saddle pad correctly. I used is directly under my jumping saddle yesterday. What I see from the marks are more weight distribution toward the rear of the saddle than the front. I recently went a gullet size narrower, so that may have raised the pommel too much. Also, I see uneven distribution over the shoulders. More on his left side than right. That would make sense since he's more hollow on his right side. I'm unsure if I should go back up a gullet size. He is getting some rub hairs on his left shoulder area which is obviously from the uneven side to side wear. I'm thinking go back to the wider gullet to get the front to back weight more correct and pad the right hollow shoulder to compensate for the left more filled out shoulder to get rid of the side to side movement. Saddles are symmetrical and horse's aren't. That's all I can think to do. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
My horse had marks like that under his saddle, my understanding was that the saddle was tipping forward and creating pressure behind his withers. The white spots are created by the extra pressure which restricts blood flow to the muscle and therefore it can't sweat. Saddle fitting experts, is that right?

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The white hairs in my horse's case were due to side to side movement. He's a little hollower on one side, so it only happened on his one side. No? I also say it's a tad too narrow since the weight seems to be mostly toward the back. I'm going to try a gullet larger and try the pad test again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.