The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, tomorrow I am going to get on Breeze for the first official time! I have my western saddle here, and today I decked her out in everything. She was a pretty pink fuzz ball! Her SMB boots, bell boots, saddle pad, bridle, reins and breastcollar are all pink! The only thing that wasn't pink was the saddle.

Thought I would share a few pictures! She was just SO good today, I lunged her, put my foot in the stirrup and jumped up and down, and did some more groundwork with her while she was all tacked up. I even put the tail gate down on the truck, got up and was really high above her, then when I jumped down, she didn't even flinch. She was so quiet and good and I do think she is ready to ride!

Also, can anyone tell me, based on these pictures, if the saddle fits okay or not? I am still searching for a saddle with a shorter skirt, and one that may fit her a little better. This is just a cheap saddle I had given to me a while ago.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The angle of the pictures make it hard to tell how well the saddle really fits, but to me, it doesn't look too bad right now. She does look a little pudgy, so I expect once you start working with her under saddle regularly she'll slim down, in which case, the saddle might not fit so well then.

Sounds like she's doing well, and very pretty in pink!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... I got on!!! She did AMAZING! We were in the yard, no fences. She stood at the mounting block and it was almost like she said 'its about time already'. I didn't really walk her around or anything, just sat up there, and then walked her forward a few steps, and got off. I had my mom holding her. Breeze had her ears forward the whole time! She was so good, didn't move around, didn't pin her ears, just waited for me to give her another cue! I am SO happy now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts