The Horse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally got some updated pictures of Finn, I was taking pictures of where I want to put my garden this spring so had my camera handy in my pocket when my son wanted to take Finn for a "walk". (He does this about every day, it's good for both my son and Finn so I usually let him.)

Finn is 11 months old, 3/4 Shire, 14.3 hands last measurement. Excuse his hack job belly clip, he had laid down in some cockleburrs last week and I couldn't justify yanking on his poor belly to get them out, so I just shaved it. He still pretty much a woolly bear, hasn't shed out much of his winter coat yet. And yes Finn's standing on a hill in most these pictures - he's butt high like a typical youngster but he isn't THAT bad *lol*

He's finally starting to look a little less baby-ish and a little more horse-like. (Oh, and yes, my son is extremely tall. He's actually only 6, believe it or not, he's a very big boy. I'm 5'9", my son's father was only 5'10", but my brother is 6'4" and I think my son is going to end up like him!)

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is such a cutie!! But I'm secretly hoping his brother/sister that's coming soon inherit's dad's big blaze! I'm a sucker for a good blaze =)
I'm kinda surprised Finn doesn't, both mom and dad do, and a blaze is certainly a breed trait with the Shires! Bit he's a real doll. He's got a fantastic temperament. I'm with you on the blazes though, Finn is only the second horse I have ever had that DIDN'T have a blaze, I just like the look of them. :)

Paintedhooves, thanks! I can't wait until he sheds out all the fuzzy stuff so I can finally figure out what color he will be *lol* He's been a fading black, (he's massively sunbleached right now) I assume he will stay that but you never know!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I'm kinda surprised Finn doesn't, both mom and dad do, and a blaze is certainly a breed trait with the Shires! Bit he's a real doll. He's got a fantastic temperament. I'm with you on the blazes though, Finn is only the second horse I have ever had that DIDN'T have a blaze, I just like the look of them. :)
Well, you can send Finn this way if you don't want him. I think he's adorable without a blaze!!! Really like the last photo of him!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
*gush gush* omg, if you had a matched set of those cuties I would steal them both! He's sooo cute. Would be nice to see the filly version too though. Anyway we can go pick her up and shake that baby out?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, you can send Finn this way if you don't want him. I think he's adorable without a blaze!!! Really like the last photo of him!
Haha! Not a chance! I just said I always had horses with blazes, not that I didn't adore Finn just the way he is *lol* I wouldn't part with Finn for anything!

Tealamutt, gosh I'm about ready to! I think, since she is showing like, no signs of anything now, I might just say screw it and sleep through the night tonight. That will about guarantee that she will foal tonight right?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, just had to add on here the pictures I took today. I got tired of waiting for Finn to shed out and went ahead and gave him a quick body clip (not very close) and a bath. He doesn't even look like the same horse! He's looked so baby-ish for so long, and shave him and viola! All of a sudden he looks like a horse. Too funny!

(and no, don't worry, I didn't shave his feathers off, they are just still wet in these pictures)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts