The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Quest is a 17.2hh chestnut OTTB gelding
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My horse has shark fin withers. We should rename him "Jaws". One day I would love to ride bareback on him, but I wince when I look at his high withers!

Which bareback pad would you suggest? Is there a difference between the western style pads and the english ones? He's never used western tack or blankets.
Stirrupless is a must!

Picture of Jaws for tax

·
Registered
26 Posts
The mustang microsuede bareback pad is the most comfortable pad I've ever sat in and it fits nearly every horse. I've ridden in it on an OTTB with withers almost exactly like your boy's and it was like a sofa (well not quite, but you get the point). It's also pretty well priced (I think $50 on stateline right now).

·
Registered
Quest is a 17.2hh chestnut OTTB gelding
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mustang microsuede bareback pad is the most comfortable pad I've ever sat in and it fits nearly every horse. I've ridden in it on an OTTB with withers almost exactly like your boy's and it was like a sofa (well not quite, but you get the point). It's also pretty well priced (I think $50 on stateline right now).
Ohh this looks great! Would it be too hot for him for summer riding?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ohh this looks great! Would it be too hot for him for summer riding?
I rode in it every day all summer long last year when I didn't have a saddle that fit properly and it was great! I did give whichever horse I rode a nice hosedown most days though, and made sure to leave the pad out to dry because the sheepskin can get quite sweaty. It does a really nice job of wicking sweat though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts