The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I was looking for some advice to get my rusty horse going again. I bought her a few years ago at four years old and obviously she was a little green. After suffering from a broken arm (when I was bucked off her :D) and two knee surgeries (not horsy related) that took up the better part of three years, she's a little bit rusty :wink:

I am not an experienced rider (and not confident riding after being bucked) and was wondering if there was anything that I could do to gain confidence and more importantly get her back in the swing of things. I think she was pretty much 'manhandled' and doesn't enjoy riding. When I bring out the saddle and blanket she instantly gets anxious which makes me nervous to ride her, which makes her nervous!! It's a vicious cycle :)

I'm very confident handling her though I've never done any training, and will probably have a professional work with her too. I was looking for some tips I could use with her.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would get a trainer for your riding, you would hate to teach the horse a bad habit. If you have a roundpen I would start in there until you and your horse gain confidence.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.