The Horse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I tried searching for this, but I'm not very good at it!

So my suggestion is making a set of regional forums.

Mid-Atlantic
New England
South East
Lower Midwest
Upper Midwest
North Pacific
Rockies
South West

Not sure if that's an appropriate break up, but that's all I thought of at the moment.

So in these forums we could get to know our neighbors more, trade/buy/sell locally, talk about local events, maybe even schedule some meet ups for trails! We could advertise clinics or shows, and discuss shows we went to, maybe we'd start recognizing fellow forum members at shows!

It gets me excited to think about it! What do you guys think?

And I apologize if something like this as already been suggested, like I said I'm not good at searching.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts

Mid-Atlantic
New England
South East
Lower Midwest
Upper Midwest
North Pacific
Rockies
South West

Not sure if that's an appropriate break up, but that's all I thought of at the moment.

So in these forums we could get to know our neighbors more, trade/buy/sell locally, talk about local events, maybe even schedule some meet ups for trails! We could advertise clinics or shows, and discuss shows we went to, maybe we'd start recognizing fellow forum members at shows!

And I apologize if something like this as already been suggested, like I said I'm not good at searching.
Hey I like your idea, tho I have a concern.

The one thing that comes up to mind is because of the internal trainer(bad trainers), barn(bad barns), and other various bashing you get from people, I would almost rather see it kept general (and not cut to specific areas) because it makes easier to keep things in the unknown(if I make any sense).

·
Banned
5,526 Posts

Mid-Atlantic
New England
South East
Lower Midwest
Upper Midwest
North Pacific
Rockies
South West

Horsetopia does this.

I found it interesting that the Albertans felt theirs had to be locked and sealed from anyone outside the province. Have no idea what they felt was so special.

That would be my concern...that certain regions would feel they are 'special" and needed special treatment.

I do think it fragments a forum though, but if the regions related only to the buy/sale of goods then it should be do-able.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
But I like talking with people from ALL OVER THE WORLD on these forums! :)

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I think the Midwest can be combined.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
But I like talking with people from ALL OVER THE WORLD on these forums! :)

If it was done, I don't think it would change who you talk to. I would think it would still show up in the new posts section.

To me it sounds good. I would love to meet more people to trail ride with.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Personally, I think that the idea would really only fly in the b/s/t section. There are already so many sections that I would hate to think about having the 25 or however many sections times like 30 regions... that's a lot of sections!
Plus a lot of the reason that I post here is because it isn't only people in my region. If I wanted to kibbutz with them there are already places on the internet where I can do that.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
OR to stop the fracturing affect, whcih I agree will poop the forum, have a "local" section in the horse talk section so people can post looking for people/services/goods/horses in their area EX"Anyone looking for a trail buddy in blah blah texas?" That way if someone is in fact looking they know to look in the general "local" section to see what they come up with. Still broad and general and allows for a place to look specifically and for people to find specifically they want in their locales without getting all crips and hoods with geography.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I actually came to the suggestions forum to post something about regional forums. I agree with some of the reasons against it here, but I also agree with the reasons for this idea by the OP. IE. HF group meetups, tack sales, etc. Being from Ontario, Canada - I was simply wondering who else on the forums was from my province and perhaps area.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah maybe like Thread specific areas rather than forum segregation. There are only a handful of Aussies on the board but I love talking to members from everywhere :)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
HEY!! And what about those of us (me and flamingauburnmustang) in South Africa? Are we unloved? *sniff*

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think if we were to have forums by areas, it would be easiest to have it by country? Or maybe countries for everywhere else, and different regions for those in the US?

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
I personally think this BB has plenty of sections already. To further divide it by region would make it almost impossible to navigate.

There are enough sections now that people do not see any of the posts in, why add more?

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
Hi guys,

We've added region specific sub forums to our Classifieds area, but other than that it's unlikely we'll add any additional region specific forums. We prefer to see people all over the world united by their interest in horses. Walling off members by region would have just the opposite effect. That said, where future features would benefit from a region specific aspect we'll try to incorporate one. ;-)

LoveStory10 said:
HEY!! And what about those of us (me and flamingauburnmustang) in South Africa? Are we unloved? *sniff*
Not at all! If there comes a time that there are many South Africa related threads in the Classified area, we can consider adding a South Africa sub forum as well. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts