The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post the other day and I can't find it now to save my life. It was a post that mentioned that a draft cross horse could be registered. I was wondering about that. Is there such a registry that will register the average draft cross? Do both parents have to be registered or will they allow it if only 1 is registered? Does it matter what breed of draft horse it is or what breed the other parent is?

The reason that I am wondering is that I have a draft cross foal that I would love to register if I could. His daddy is a reg. QH but mom is an unpapered Belgian. If anyone knows of a registry that would register such a horse, that would be awesome if you could tell me what it is.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
You are probably thinking of the sport horse registry:

American Sporthorse

This one I have heard of, but I don't know anything about it's reputation.

register_horse

Both above registries will work but do nothing for the horse or owner.

Try the AWS for if accepted there are many benifits available to you.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I have actually just this minute started the Half Draft Texas Ranch Horse registry or HDTRHR. You can just send me a picture of your horse and the lineage along with $50 cash and I will put you in the database. There is of course a $100 annual membership fee that will have to be paid but you get a sticker for the window of your truck and discounts on other HDTRHR gear.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Okay smarty pants!

Seriously though, what is a registry for (unless you are breeding or breed showing)?

Is it just a status thing? Solon is in the Percheron Horse Association registry. He's sired one filly but other than that it's a pretty little form and that's about it.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I don't want to rip anybody off!! Can I intrest anyone in a lifetime membership for only $1000?

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
Seriously though, what is a registry for (unless you are breeding or breed showing)?
For an established association like the AQHA or the AHA, it's all about producing consistent breed type, as well as improvement of the breed.

These fly-by-night organizations do nothing but take your money and give you a pretty piece of paper so you can say your horse is registered.

Which organization registers the animal is what makes it a big deal or not. For established, recognized breed organizations, they won't accept just any old horse with unknown bloodlines. The crappy ones will take anything.

If you have a grade cross, you have a grade cross. If you wanted something with papers that actually mean something, you should have bought a horse from an established breeder.

Trying to get something registered after the fact is all about vanity for the owner, as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Smrobs does! There are 51 Half Draft Ranch Horse Registries in addition to the American Half Draft Ranch Horse Association. We are also expanding to other countries.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
These fly-by-night organizations do nothing but take your money and give you a pretty piece of paper so you can say your horse is registered.
I also offer a sticker!!

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
In 5 minutes you are already expanding to other countries. Man, you guys work fast!
We are service oriented. Are you interested?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Bwahahaha Love it, Kevin. No, don't sign me up....but love it :lol:

Love your horse for their abilities and how they perform for you. A piece of paper with their name on it only matters for breeding or showing, it's not going to change their value for you personally, and frankly these questionable registries aren't going to improve your horses value to anyone else. Your horse wont perform better because he feels validated - he doesn't care and neither should you! There's no shame in a cross breed that suits your needs and is the horse you want. Your horse can't read, and you can't ride papers.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
If they do nothing for the horse or owner, then what do they do exactly.

Good question.

At least the AWS is recognized by the WFBSH and awards can be earned. There is also the eligibility of the horse to enter certain events and classes in local national and International events.

Inspection is done in the flesh not just some picture that can be photoshopped.

These associations like the Blue Eyed etc do nothing and very very few association adminstrators can ever be found. Total waste of money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.