The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just something I've been wondering for awhile now.

If (I'm just using this as an example) I take my grade mare, and breed her to *Weddiline Mardi Gras , would the foal be registerable as half welsh? Under the same registeries as the sire? -- And be able to show as a Welsh? Just curious.

Thanks,
Anny

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I would consult with the website or call someone up at the breed registry.

I could have registered my weanling as half qh, but that dosent mean he could do congress or other AQHA sanctioned events.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Like the Arabian Horse Association, The Welsh Pony and Cob Society does registered Half Welsh, so yes, your foal would be registerable. I'm not aware of any WPCSA shows, though? Maybe there just aren't any near me?
If any DO exist, I would imagine that just like AHA's Half Arab classes, they'd have classes for Half Welsh.

BTW, I love that stallion :) I slightly prefer Rocko's Gold (the sire to my Welara filly), but he's a close second :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
This is just something I've been wondering for awhile now.

If (I'm just using this as an example) I take my grade mare, and breed her to *Weddiline Mardi Gras , would the foal be registerable as half welsh? Under the same registeries as the sire? -- And be able to show as a Welsh? Just curious.

Thanks,
Anny
Yes.. there is a half Welsh registry and yes, you can show half Welsh. They have big Welsh shows in Tulsa, but I'm not familiar where else the big Welsh shows are

·
Registered
788 Posts
OK, now I'm curious... so what about if someone were to breed, say, a reg. QH with a reg. Arabian or something. Would that foal then be registered under both the half-QH and Half-Arabian (if there is one) registries?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
AQHA does not register half QH. I don't know if there's a half QH registry out there, at least one that is legit?

But AHA (Arabian Horse Assocation) registers Half Arabs as long as the Arab parent is registered AHA.

I have a Welara filly. Her sire is registered Welsh with WPCSA and her dam is registered Arab with AHA. My filly is reg half arab with AHA, Welara with Welara, and as soon as I send in the paperwork, she will be reg half Welsh with WPCSA.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Yup, many horses are dual registered. As long as both registries accept crosses, it will work out. ASH register half ASH as a first cross - Eligible to compete at any ASH show. Half arabs are registered as Arab Derivatives - Often seperate classes at arab shows.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I breed Arabians and Morabs.

I've got a Sabino Rabicano filly this year, out of my CAHR Reg'd stallion, and my mother's CMHA Reg'd Mare.
She will be Reg'd with the CPAR, CMHA, and Morab registry.
I can't remember if the SAHR is accepting half Arabians, but if they are, she'll be registered with that as well. That'll mean she's registered four times.
I could even register her with the CLRC.

If there is a registy accepts half-bloodied horses, there's a lot of options you can go. I think Paints and QH's are one of the few that don't offer half-horses to be registered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.