The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
After being away for a couple years to graduate college, I'm back into drawing horses again. I've been drawing horses my entire life and I would love to take some commissioned portrait work.

Since I'm just starting up again, I'll be making a raffle for one free loose graphite portrait. If you'd like to be in the drawing, post below!

Here are some examples of my work:

Currently, I will be working mainly in graphite or pastel. If you are interested in an oil painting, feel free to note me and we can discuss the price and materials.

Here is a pricing guide to my horse portraits:

Graphite

• Loose Portrait - $25
    - The two last drawings on the list are examples of my loose horse drawings. These will be on 11x14" Bristol board.

• Detailed Graphite Portrait - $40-$80 (depending on size)
    - The 2nd-4th graphite drawings are examples of my detailed work. The final drawings have no visible pencil strokes.
    - Size is custom, between 8.5x11" and 18x24"

• Detailed Graphite Portrait with Background - $70-100
    - The second picture on the list is an example of my detailed graphite with a background.
    - Size is custom, between 8.5x11" to 18x24"

Color Pastel

• Loose Portrait - $40
    - These will be on 11x14" Bristol board

• Detailed Color Portrait - $60-$100 (depending on size)
    - Size is custom, between 11x14" and 11x17" on Vellum

• Detailed Color Portrait with Background - $100-$140
    - The first painting is in oil, but my pastel paintings would have the same level of detail.
    - Size is custom, between 8.5x11" to 18x24" on Vellum

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Yes, please!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the entry submissions! I will be having a drawing on the 30th to pick the winner of a free graphite portrait.

Saddlebag - I always fix my pastel drawings, but so far I haven't had any problems with graphite smearing. But if you'd prefer the graphite to be fixed, I'd be happy to. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts