The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't post much on this forum for years, and I recently started coming back but then life got a little busy again. I do know that this community is really supportive and right now I have someone in my life who could use some thoughts, prayers, and healing vibes.

On 07/10/2020, my road partner, who I've worked the same shift as for over two years, was involved in an on-duty crash. The other driver crossed the center line on the road and hit his patrol car head on. He was flown by Aeromed (medical helicopter) to the hospital where he is currently stabilized but listed in critical condition.

He has a brain bleed on the left side of his brain and a possibly broken ankle (but they can't x-ray it because of his current head trauma). He is in a medically induced coma and the doctor's did note that the inter-cranial pressure in his head is not a bad as they expected. He initially would respond to stimuli (they'd reduce his sedation and he would respond to commands) and to pain stimuli (while in the coma) but as of yesterday (07/11/2020), he was not able to be woken up. His body is also experiencing, I guess I'll call them unauthorized spasms (I don't know the proper medical term and it's the best way I can describe them), which is probably a result of the inter-cranial pressure from the brain bleed.

If you all could keep him in your thoughts and prayers, and send good vibes in his direction I would greatly appreciate it. His name is Caleb. Please also have thoughts, prayers, and good vibes for his family, wife and two young kids.

Thank you.

And for those who were wondering, the other driver, also stabilized and in critical condition, is expected to survive and make a full recovery.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Prayers being offered for him and his family.

·
Super Moderator
13,692 Posts
Prayers for all to have healing hands placed on them...

hlg.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
Prayers and thoughts going out to Caleb, his family and all those who care for and love him.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

He went into surgery last night (07/12/2020) to remove some blood clots. They removed two large blood clots and the pressure in his head was lower.

As of this evening, he had a second surgery where they removed part of his skull to help relieve pressure because the pressure reached a level that they weren't okay with.

As of right now he's no longer listed as stable.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sorry for the lack of updates in the past week or so, there wasn't much to update anyone on. And things have been pretty rough.

Caleb passed away tonight from complications because of his injuries. He had developed a severe lung infection and it became too much for his body to handle. He was injured exactly three weeks ago tonight.

Thank you, everyone, for your support. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Date of enlistment: September 23, 2018
End of Watch: July 31, 2020

"In the halls of Valhalla, where the brave shall live forever."
Goodbye, brother, we have the watch from here.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
I am so very sorry. Condolences to all who knew and loved Caleb.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I am so very sorry. Words somehow don't seem to be enough when someone's friend, partner, and loved one is lost like this. My condolences to you and his family.

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for family and friends.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The first video is from 01AUG2020, it's the motorcade that is bringing Caleb home after he died. The second video is his last call over the radio on the day of his funeral and burial on 08AUG2020.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts