The Horse Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,187 Posts
Condolences to you and Caleb's family, other coworkers and friends. My heart always breaks with last call and I dont try to stop the tears.

Reactions: JoBlueQuarter

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Last calls are heartbreaking regardless of whether you know the person or not. I don't know how dispatchers manage to get them out without showing more emotion than a few breaks in their voices.

It still doesn't feel quite real even though I know it is.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I did not know what a last call was, and I had never listened to one...so heart wrenching..

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Ok, for some reason, Youtube has deemed the processional home video as "not appropriate for all ages". I have appealed their decision and asked them to explain exactly what the content in the video is that is not appropriate. I reviewed their age restriction policy and found that it violates none of those. I guess someone "reported" my video.

At the current moment, if you want to view the first video, you'll have to log into Youtube.

If Youtube has an issue with the fact that I filmed it from a overpass (thus reportedly violating their potential child endangerment clause) I guess I'm going to expect them to flag all videos that were filmed by a roadway or involving other potentially dangerous activities such as bicycling, use of scooters, riding a motorcycle, skateboarding, riding horses, etc. as "not appropriate for all ages".

I really hope that the video wasn't reported for content review based solely on the fact that it doesn't fit the very popular narrative currently being thrown around of "cops are bad."

Sorry, the flagging of this video is absolutely appalling to me given a lot of the unflagged content on Youtube and considering the fact that this was my friend and coworker makes it a really personal matter.

·
Super Moderator
9,626 Posts
I don't understand why it would be flagged. But much doesn't make sense anymore.

The death of a trooper hits the extended trooper "family" very hard. Having memorials is important. His immediate and work family have been in my thoughts. Ugh. Holidays... well, everyday... so tough.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Youtube has removed the age restriction from the video after my appeal.

@boots, every Friday that I'm not at work is a tough one, I can't even imagine what his family is going through, or what they will go through for the upcoming "firsts" for holidays and his birthday. His wife is doing as well as expected and she has a large number of people checking up on her on a daily basis.

The last time she and I talked she helped me put a term on why I'm suddenly and randomly sad, she called it "ambush grief". It's very fitting.

A few weeks ago a lot of us went out to her house and did a mass yard cleaning. Not a single leaf was left unraked or stick taken care of. She won't have to worry about her gutters for a while either. It was hard to go to his house, I'd never been there before and I knew it wouldn't be easy but I didn't expect it to be such an emotional time.

I don't think his wife or his family expected so many of us to show up. It was a large yard and we were done within 2.5 hours.

Reactions: JoBlueQuarter

·
Registered
952 Posts
I hadn't realized that Caleb was a Michigan State Trooper until listening to the last call over the radio. My parents are friends with several State Troopers, and sure enough, I had seen Caleb's name on my Facebook feed over the summer, and I hadn't connected the dots that it was the same Caleb.

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, and my heart goes out to his friends and family. The partnership seen in his line of work is unlike that in nearly any other profession. I am so sorry.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts