The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently given a horse by my trainer, and the horse is boarded at the barn where my other horses are boarded and where I work. I don't start paying the board for this horse until Jan 1st, and because my trainer has been quite busy, we haven't really had a chance to sit down and do paperwork and discuss the horse.

If she doesn't offer one, how would I request a bill of sale? I don't want to offend her by implying that I don't trust that she'll respect that the horse is mine now (I certainly do trust her and I don't think we'll have any problems regarding the horse in the future). Since she's been in the horse business for quite a long time, I'm pretty sure she'll have a bill of sale or she wouldn't mind making one, and I know I'm over thinking this, haha, but just as an 'in case' scenario, so I'm prepared should I need to request one.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
My horse was given to me by my trainer.

In our situation, I got both the bill of sale (brand inspection), as well as a document signed by both of us saying that she gifted him to me. I'm sure your trainer will do something similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.