The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Back when i lived in NJ we'd go down to the Camelot auction once and awhile. It was a rough place and I will never forget the sad faces I saw in the pens that held the equines bought by the slaughter houses.

That was back when I was very young... and as an adult, I dont think I could handle going there now unless I had the $$ to bring someone home with me.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I want that Haffie that's available and the bay that has evented :( so sad

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Wow- a yearling and some weanlings?????? I cannot look and wish I could take them all.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Oh god I don't need another horse...I want to take like three or four of them home.

·
Registered
127 Posts
oh how I wish we lived closer.. we have the room and the time to give a few of these a good home.. such a pity.. on some of the ads it said safe in red letters what did that mean..

·
Banned
593 Posts
i posted this site a while ago. this is a weekley things ladies. so this means every week horses run through. i was going to take 374 but shes already gone too . frank (the owner of the auction) is a really nice guy. and for him to let these ladies go there and take pics and descriptions is wonderful. 400 horses have been saved since november. not one horse has left for the mean man since november. i'll get another one out of there eventually.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
WHEW! that eventer is safe!

·
Banned
593 Posts
every week since november they've all been safe.

prices will sky over 600 - 1000 come summer so many are going to end up in that not so nice place. this cant go on forever . cant save them all. almost 50% of these horses being pulled will end up back at the auction. tons have been seen re-posted on craigslist for triple the price. its rediculos

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.