The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I had a post a few weeks ago on the lunge with a chestnut tb gelding....well I have changed mounts and have just started riding a big american warmblood mare. This is my first ride on her so it wasnt perfect. Please let me know your opinions...how is my positon? what are my strengths? What are my weaknesses? Please let me know what I'm doing wrong and how to correct, excercise would be great! I'm worried about the details...Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions...oh one last thing the mare usually goes into a nice frame for her owner I'm still learning on how she works but if you can think of any suggestions for her as well that would be great too!:lol:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
lol I got lots of time to watch them so I will watch them and then give you some help :)

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
You look really good. :) I wont watch them right now but just wanted you to know that and it seems your coach knows well :)
Pretty horse

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eventersbabe...thank you...Yeah the girl who is coaching me is actually the owner shes only 17 but VERY knowledgeable, I will have to let her know that I'm not the only one who feels that way!

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
In the first video, your line from elbow to bit is broken which is causing your horse to brace against the bit instead of soften to the contact. Just raise your hands about an inch to create a straight line and it should make a big difference. Your seat looks good. Legs are nice and quiet. Overall you look good.

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
eventersbabe...thank you...Yeah the girl who is coaching me is actually the owner shes only 17 but VERY knowledgeable, I will have to let her know that I'm not the only one who feels that way!
Well I am 20 and I am very knowledgable I can tel you that I could be a beginner riding instructor :)
Which I am hoping to be one. :D
Anyway you look good Ill take a look at the other videos soon :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.