The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Feel free to critique. For some reason my camera died in the middle of me riding. Hmph.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
first thing is your horsey needs more impulsion. he/she is just plodding around. try driving her forward more. this will also help head set and allow the hindquarters to start engaging.

your lower leg is sitting back and your toes are out. relax your leg further forward and point your toes forward :) it wasnt so bad in the walk but once you started trotting it was more obvious.

you also need to clasp the reins better. looks like your hand is open and you dont have a solid grip on the reins. a lot of people do this in an attempt to stay off the horses mouth but if that horse were to spook and do the bolt, those reins would just slip straight out of your hands.

eyes up :) theres nothing you need to see down there but theres plenty to see right around the corner :) in other words always look where you are going

finally, shoulders back a little more. your upper body is further forward than i would like to see.

good job and keep up the good work :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh geez, in my last critique my legs were too far forward and I was leaning too far back, now my legs are too far back and I'm leaning too far forward? -headdesk- I think that my leg still looks too far forward.

My eyes were down because Majic was spooking a lot before this video. :0 Darn you city and having to grade the road while I'm riding!

Yeah we need to work on the impulsion thing a lot. His owners were working on slowing him down for WP before I decided to lease him, now I am asking him to move up again and I think he's confused.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
ok had another look. it is hard to tell but it does seem at times your leg is back but then again after watching it more you may just be asking him to do something. your leg does look forward when walking. theres definitely no straight line from shoulder to heel.

maybe its just easier to say work on the straight line from shoulder to heel thing :) but the toes are definitely out ;)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My legs do need to go back, I have fought this forever and pretty much given up. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.