The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, i went to go ride with Niki, Shay-la, and Ashley.
It was so much fun !
I got to ride Dove, Niki rode Zierra, Shay-la rode Flicka and Ashley rode Justus of course !
It was actually pretty nice out, but i wasnt too very well dressed lol, and froze literally right after the ride !
We only got to ride for an hour, but we could have actually stretched it out for another hour, because my dad didnt come until 4:30 to pick me up from my aunties.
I was riding English, and i havent honestly ridden in a few months, and havent sat in a saddle since Spring !
So haha i was kind of like uhh....
A few times i fell forward in the saddle, okay maybe MORE than a few times haha.
But that was because i really am not use to Dove's Gait's, i especially have a hard time with the choppy trotting.
But overall it was fun !

Cinder

Jynx

Little Poneh ( sorry i forgot his name hehe :oops:<3

DOVE

Flicka and shay-la

Zierra

Dove

Zierra

RIDING

CONTINUED!

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Aww! It looks like you guys had a blast. I'm way jealous. haha

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha yeah it was fun !
I totally lost alot of my flexibility, i had the hardest time hopping up into the saddle haha !
i was kind of pathetic :p

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Oh I remember the old days when I went out to ride my horses bareback in the snow. Those are some great photos!

It looks like you guys had a blast, thanks for sharing :D

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
OMG, those came out AWESOME! We were in absolute hysterics over Flika the Llama! We just have to go meet the farrier this morning, but I'll have my pics up this evening! :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, yeah she really does look like a Llama! (in the very first photo of her smiling )
It was so much fun!
I cant wait to see the photo's that ya'll got !
We will have to do it again sometime haha,

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I was really worried that tie down/ fork was attached to the mechanical hack, they I saw the other noseband on there. I really worry about riding in a mechanical hack bareback, because one can tend to brace/balankce with their hands when riding bareback.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I was really worried that tie down/ fork was attached to the mechanical hack, they I saw the other noseband on there. I really worry about riding in a mechanical hack bareback, because one can tend to brace/balankce with their hands when riding bareback.
Then they shouldn't be riding bareback with one :roll: Shay-la was riding Flika who is her moms horse and was being a cow. She was not bracing, she was neck reining her to stay out of the group as she cantered a circle. Shay-la has never braced against her reins for any reason, in any headgear. She doesn't need to. Neither of us do. We know how to handle our horses and equipment.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
MY PICS! Haha, sorry the first ones are in sepia, it was so bright I didn't even notice I'd accidentally changed the settings on my camera when I was resetting the size of the images.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I didnt want you to take any offense in what I was saying. Some riders just rely on their hands alot more bareback, and sort of just hang on. I wasn't implying anyone in the pictures were doing that.

P.S. I love dove. That horse is gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha !
I love the photos, if you have anymore lurking, send them to me :D
I also love the photo of jynx's eye ! she looks EVIL :D
like 'gimmie yer cookiehs !'
:D

·
Registered
790 Posts

I didn't have a tiedown on Flika...and Niki had a saddle so not really seeing where the bareback with a tiedown and hack is coming from? Unless you're referring to each seperately? I'm not going to touch on the bracing on her face part though...want this to stay a happy post :D

I can't get my pics up for a couple days yet though - left my camera at the farm after getting Eve, Dove and Mini Man's feet done. Brilliant I know, I'll get them up eventually!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't get my pics up for a couple days yet though - left my camera at the farm after getting Eve, Dove and Mini Man's feet done. Brilliant I know, I'll get them up eventually!
haha, Brilliant idea Shay-la !
you deserve a coffee, instead of a cookie !

Hope to see them soon :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hey! Heckler...

Picked up my camera today and just finished editing!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts