The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you all heard, but Blue Hors Matine had to be put down. Apparently she broke a leg during turnout.

What a shame :(
RIP and gallop free.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ack!! Poor horse!
I hope she didn't have to suffer too much..

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh my! I'm shocked to hear this...
She really was one of the happiest horses that ever danced through the dressage ring; she passaged her way into my heart with her floppy ears and silly tail. This is truly a sad event.
May Matine trot forever on an endless plain of green grass and carrots. <3

Here's a non-skipping version of her '06 Kur.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Okay, that's definitely the worst news of the day. That horse was so wonderful to watch. Dressage needs more like her and her rider.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
OH my gosh! devastating!! I can't believe it, that is sooo sad!!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Oh no! She is one of my favorites! I'll never forget that freestyle and flawless tempi changes :(

Godspeed, Matine!!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I cried when I read this. I mean really seriously sobbed. RIP Matinee, the world of dressage will never be the same without you!!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I couldn't believe it when I saw the update on facebook from Dressage Today! How awful! That poor girl had a rotten year - first the injury that retired her and now this.

She will be greatly missed for sure! She was the major inspiration for me to learn dressage.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
That is terrible news, she was such a beautiful mare.

I am curious as to the foal the article said she was about to have? They never mentioned if the foal was lost to or anything... I don't even know if it's possible to save them from the womb like you can with humans. =[

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is terrible news, she was such a beautiful mare.

I am curious as to the foal the article said she was about to have? They never mentioned if the foal was lost to or anything... I don't even know if it's possible to save them from the womb like you can with humans. =[
I think that's a misquote, because in other articles, she wasn't even supposed to be bred until March.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
OMG! I loved that pretty thing! She moved with a grace that I envied!!! R.I.P beautiful girl!!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm not one for Dressage much, but that mare was wonderful. Definitely made me interested in it for a while. I loved her enthusiastic movement, you could really tell she loved what she was doing. Poor girl.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
She was due to bee breed in spring, they were giving her time off just to be a horse first.

I LOVED seeing the photo of her and Cavan in the snow in just a simple rug looking like any old fuzzy ponies. That's how horses should be, I'm suprised that let such a high profile mare out like that, usually the poor things are locked up in stables even after retiring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.