The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you know the struggles Sloane and I have had over the years. Despite all of our efforts, and much good advice from all of you, he is unable to gain weight. I cannot subject him to an upstate New York winter in his condition so I am letting him go. He is still happy and it is a beautiful day. May he once again run free and healthy eating all the peppermints he wants.
Horse Working animal Liver Horse tack Stable

·
Premium Member
Horse loving mama in Texas
1,246 Posts
Thank you for all the loving messages. Sloane spent the day outside with his friends, enjoying grass and sunlight. He go so many peppermints he started refusing them. My vet did a wonderful job and Sloane went peacefully. I will miss him dearly but know I made the right decision.
A big HUG for you @seniorider, so sorry about your buddy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many of you know the struggles Sloane and I have had over the years. Despite all of our efforts, and much good advice from all of you, he is unable to gain weight. I cannot subject him to an upstate New York winter in his condition so I am letting him go. He is still happy and it is a beautiful day. May he once again run free and healthy eating all the peppermints he wants. View attachment 1133735
Hugs! 🥺

1 - 20 of 22 Posts