The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I ride I know I have to rise in my trot as it's what my tests usually say but I am going to be going back to a riding school for a couple of lessons. So what I'm asking is does anyone have any advice on improving my rising trot?
I can do sitting trot and my instructor always praises me on it yet when I do rising trot it is no where near as good!
Any tips will help :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You want to raise yourself just out of the saddle and forward just a little. Use your legs, not just your feet, to get the lift. When you're up, your legs should still be slightly bent at the knee.

Practicing two-point may be helpful - try riding two-point for a few strides, then sitting for a few. That will allow you to practice the movement.

Hope that helped :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
For rise trot you want to raise your seat just out of the saddle, and above the pomel of the saddle, before coming back down - keeping the weight in your heels. Think of it was rise - you are bringing your seat out of the saddle, above the pomel of the saddle and sitting back down, rising to the outside leg of the horse (this is the correct diagonal for trot).

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.