The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is by far one of my favorite places to ride!

My good friend Maddie (on the paint) and I worked at a dude ranch all throughout high school, and we rode in the above river all the time. Well, needless to say it's been several years since our high school days together so we decided to take a trip down memory lane and hit up our favorite river trail one last time.

Her dog, Echo is swimming in front. I was riding a dude horse named Danny.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
That looks like so much fun. We've never had our girls in that deep. Most of the water sources here are mushy clay on the bottom:-(

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
This is by far one of my favorite places to ride!

My good friend Maddie (on the paint) and I worked at a dude ranch all throughout high school, and we rode in the above river all the time. Well, needless to say it's been several years since our high school days together so we decided to take a trip down memory lane and hit up our favorite river trail one last time.

Her dog, Echo is swimming in front. I was riding a dude horse named Danny.
Oh goodness :lol: I need to learn how to read. I thought I read that you rode "nude" not dude...hehe. Man I am my own entertainment at the best of times.

That is the neatest picture. Absolutely love seeing the dog swimming ahead of you guys. You are one brave soul to have taken a camera while bareback, in fairly deep river on top of a horse!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh goodness :lol: I need to learn how to read. I thought I read that you rode "nude" not dude...hehe. Man I am my own entertainment at the best of times.

That is the neatest picture. Absolutely love seeing the dog swimming ahead of you guys. You are one brave soul to have taken a camera while bareback, in fairly deep river on top of a horse!
Haha! I think that's one thing I would never do...ride nude. That just wouldn't be comfortable at all... :lol:
I actually took the pic on my phone, I felt pretty confident to do so because we'd ridden down the rive so many times we knew where the rough spots were.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Echo is definitely a trooper, he keeps up quite well even though sometimes the river washes him a bit up or down stream from us, LOL.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Awesome. Went on my first creek ride this year. Sadly there was a pretty bad drought :( But the horses had fun and the dogs went swimming with us too. Can't wait to do it again!

·
Registered
335 Posts
WOW! Looks like fun, but I have to admit, I'd be too nervous. I'm not a water person & I'd be too afraid of winding up in the river. (Chicken on a horse...lol)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW! Looks like fun, but I have to admit, I'd be too nervous. I'm not a water person & I'd be too afraid of winding up in the river. (Chicken on a horse...lol)
I've ended up in the river before. I was riding a young horse and the dog swam up beside us and she flipped, she ended up on the shore and I ended up down river. Lol.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Ahhh yes!!! I remember riding in one of the rivers near where I grew up...I LOVED IT! Especially when it was a 'dry' year, and there were sand bars to climb up on in the river at different places. It was so much fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts