Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I am wanting peoples opinions on Riverside and Furst love as I am tossing up between the two and which one you prefer.I will be using my Arabian mare , she is very nice conformation and well bred but needs a stallion with a good hindquarter on him as she has not got the strongest , please before people say why not buy instead of breed I would like to breed myself one foal for my own reasons :) thanks

Furst Love: http://www.bloomfieldfarm.com.au/Furst Love.html

Riverside:http://www.revelwood.com.au/revelwood-horses/riverside/

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
To be honest it seems a strange combination arabian and warmblood. What do you want to do with the foal? The one stallion seems more versatile than the other and what you want is going to dictate which one you breed to.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't think its strange combination at all Arabian warmbloods are known to be beautiful crosses when done correctly.i want to show and do dressage with the foal.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Do you have a picture of your mare you can provide?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Both are good looking stallions.
Riverside though IMO has the edge as he has proven that he can pass on good qualities.
The black stallion though might cross better with an arab mare. IMO he looks more refined .
If you want to show as a Half Arab then you want that foal to look like a half arab.
From the pictures either one would satisfy me. Shalom

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Would like to see what the first stud produces before I'd decide. The Sandro on the bottom is what worries me, and the horse is coming 8 and not in a double increases my suspicion about the ridability of the stallion as well with the other lines being very popular, why PS let the stud out of his sight.. Sandro I find stamps so much, you can tell the horse is Sandro before anything, and for me personally I find some things he passes on to be undesirable.
The second stud is going to basically for sure (dependent on the dam) produce a ridable horse. D and R lines are both known for great ridability and will produce a good horse.

The other thing to consider is if the studs are available to breed with an unapproved mare. Many stallion owners want all the offspring to be registerable and branded. So that may also be part of your decision.
Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Might want to check out the Ferrero Rocher stud who is standing at the same place as Riverside. IMO Florestan will probably give you a bit more what you want.. More compact horse with a good HQ and nice temperament.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
695 Posts
Its not strange- Trakehners have Arabian bloodlines.

I like Riverside!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I wanted to breed my Arabian mare to a Warmblood stallion, and the one I had found that I really liked was Saint Sandro, but he's already half Arabian half Warmblood, I didn't care, and my mare didn't need any help in the hind end department, so we were looking for other things in a stallion. That being said, a little more information on your mare might be helpful. Pictures if you can figure out how to get them to show, bloodlines, does she have a show record, and how has she done in shows, and conformation shots will help us to point out any things you maybe haven't seen that would eliminate one or both of the stallions, or make a strong case for crossing with one of them. Another thing is to talk directly with the stallion owner, send pictures of your mare, and ask them what their opinion is on crossing her with their stallion. I've done that a couple of times with two different mares, and was quite pleased with how informative the owners were, what they thought, and they gave me other ideas of stallions to possibly look at too. Most breeders I've come across really do want to better a breed, or a line, and will let you know if they think there may be a better horse to breed to, that will get better results. I'm sure that there are probably breeders out there who only care for the money, and will push their horses on you, and not give you a good honest opinion, but I have yet to meet one. Also video of your horse moving would help too. I wanted to breed my mare to a wb stallion, because she had excellent conformation, and beautiful movement for dressage, and we found out she could jump the moon, so I thought she would make a great cross for a dressage or jumping mount. Her new owner is breeding her to a Fresian next year.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I prefer riverside, he seems more "balanced" at the trot and canter, hes absolutley gorgous. And you cant beat those bloodlines! He has also proven himself in the dressage ring. Furst love is gorgeous but theres something i cant put my finger on that i dont like about him...Good luck! Pics of your purty mare are a must ;)

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone for thoughts on Furst love and Riverside I have decided on Furst Love because I believe he will go better with my mare.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.