The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had to roach my clydies mane and we were going to show her this year, I was asked to enter her into an all breeds show in the In Hand category, i'd been trying to pull her mane to make it easier to braid and was trying to get it to hang on one side (which was hard since the previous owner had hacked bits out!:-x), but then i was told we had missed the show and I thought that I might as well roach it and start again so we could show her next year, turns out we hadn't missed it after all and I've got about a week and a bit to get her ready! her mane is about 3 inches long at its longest and standing straight. If i just tidied it up a bout could I show her with a roached mane? If not can I get a fake mane?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
if she is neat and tidy, the roached mane should not be a problem. The not trotting you need to really work on. Are you tugging on the lead ? if she will trot next to w/o the lead , then should do it with the lead , you could try encouraging her with some taps with a whip on her hip.
note I say Taps. is there someone who can help you ? Are you moving fast enough when asking for a trot ?
Use caution when doing this.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
With a draft I would put in button braids. I'm guessing 3" would be a good length to do that. That is how they would be shown at a draft show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts