The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean to start yet another thread debating the pros (there are pros?) and cons of this technique, I find it interesting that rollkur is now illegal in Switzerland. Not just in competition, but anywhere.

Rollkür prohibited by Swiss law - Horses International

The new animal protection law in Switzerland sets more stringent rules to owners and keepers of horses, but also dogs and cows, starting this year.

The rollkür was already forbidden at competitions by the FEI, but now it’s also not permitted anywhere else and it’s called animal abuse.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd say it's for the better, but I really don't think it's going to stop anyone. I don't agree with the rollkur technique. I suppose but I think it's good that they are at least taking steps in the right direction.

·
Registered
49,777 Posts
there was some talk about the benefits of it, as used by some professional dressage riders. you'd have to dig through the dressage threads to find that discussion, but it has been brought out.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was some talk about the benefits of it, as used by some professional dressage riders. you'd have to dig through the dressage threads to find that discussion, but it has been brought out.
I know the arguments, but I put little credence in what I have read, in both camps. Too little real research. I do see what it has done, even at the top levels, with the purity of many of the movements, however. And, I don't like what I have seen.

As for enforcement? It will probably be poorly enforced. I guess if it is documented, a person could get some sort of citation for the "abuse". I suspect this will be more "feel good" than not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.