The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always ridden my gelding in a 3 ring elevator bit or a full cheek french link. I decided to try him in a rubber bit, it has loose ring rings on it, and then its straight across flexable rubber. My gelding has never been better. He is super responsive; usually im fighting with him. Anyone else ride their horses in a rubber bit? My gelding and I are jumpers, and he is alot easier to control in this gentle bit!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep, I've had good results with a rubber bit. My old Quarter Pony mare had a really soft, sensitive mouth and even a straight metal mouth was too harsh for her. I got her a rubber one and she was 110% happier.

(However, I did have a few instructors evaluate my hands to see if *I* was the one causing the discomfort, but none of them seemed to think it was me, because when they rode her without using the reins she reacted the same.)

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that was about the same with my gelding. He dislikes nose pressure/hackamores and etcc... He'll get really strong in them, the french link worked fairly well, but this rubber bit is fantastic, Someone said they have a pepperment tasting rubber bit, i want to find one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.