The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a riding lesson sched today. I walked outside, saw Ruby laying down, thought to myself, "that would be funny if she were going into labor." But since my minis usually lay down in the middle of the day, I didn't think much of it. I went and hooked up the trailer. Went back to get Summer to take her, looked in Ruby's stall, and there was a foal!!!

He passed lots of poop and nursed at least twice (maybe more since I came in ten or fifteen minutes ago).

He is a silver black with spotted blanket and a blue eye! :) Here are some photos from my cell, I'll post better ones from my camera later today, but right now we need to go bring Spin home from my trainer's (he's there learning to drive, but he has some mares booked to breed to him coming in, first one tomorrow) and then we need to take Summer to the stallion she's being bred to, so it'll be later tonight.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
omg that is the cutest little thing ever!!!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
The 1st pic is absolutely adorable!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Oh my god that is just the most adorable little colt I have ever seen XD He looks so pocket sized!

Will he be kept as a stud or for show...?

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
omg if it was me and that cute little face he'd be a keep keep keep! lol what a beautiful baby boy! and such a gorgeous color he turned out to be! you lucky little duck! i love him to bits and i've never met him ahaha

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well if I didn' thave so many, it would be easier to keep him ;)

I think our final mare to foal this year will go tonight! All signs point to go :) I got her in Oct, and she wasn't supposed to be bred, so a surprise foal. Previous owner had a mini pinto and mini donkeys. My mare is a mini appy. I'm hoping for a spotted mini mule ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.