The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told earlier this week that there are rules on size of the rings for the snaffle to compete (they can't be bigger than, say, 3 inch (making up the size here, just as an example)). I googled up everything (and went thru http://www.usef.org/documents/FormsPubs/DressageEquipmentBooklet.pdf piece by piece), and couldn't find anything about it. Is this rule indeed there? And if so could someone to point me out in right direction, please?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm talking about US, not Canada, Aus, or any other country... :wink:

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
If it isn't in the rules, then its not a rule!
If you are seriously concerned, then ask a steward before your ride at the next show.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it isn't in the rules, then its not a rule!
If you are seriously concerned, then ask a steward before your ride at the next show.
Thanks, anebel! It's probably not gonna be any earlier than next year though. :wink: It's getting too cold (and rainy) here to keep up with regular schedule and competitions.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Thanks, anebel! It's probably not gonna be any earlier than next year though. :wink: It's getting too cold (and rainy) here to keep up with regular schedule and competitions.
Anebel is correct but the best thing to do is simply not show with anything that is obvious so different that it attracts the attention of the stewards.

They do the tack check and could hold up proceedings if they feel you could be in the wrong.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anebel is correct but the best thing to do is simply not show with anything that is obvious so different that it attracts the attention of the stewards.

They do the tack check and could hold up proceedings if they feel you could be in the wrong.
Spyder, I completely agree with you. My problem though it seems to be very hard to find the "loose ring"/"eggbutt" combo with oval mouth around or on internet. I got this bit recently Mikmar Bit Company (because I've been having issues with just rings - looked like it did pinch, even pricey KK one). It DOES say it's legal for dressage, but rings are bigger indeed. The problem is it's impossible to make them smaller to accommodate that very wide eggbutt connection (but horse seems to like it though). So I may just risk to look differently but keep my horse happy (I'm not positive I'll be able to show her in dressage anyway).

BTW, my qh goes in exactly same snaffle but straight eggbutt. Lovely bit.

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
It doesn't look that strange that you should be pulled over. :p

I would try them and see what happens.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't look that strange that you should be pulled over. :p
LOL! No, it doesn't, but rings are indeed rather big (90 mm vs usual 70mm). But since it's legal I wanna keep it: so far she seems to like it more than her KK Ultra (and she started to "foam" even though not nearly as much as my qh (yeah, yeah, not the rabbies, but the mouth is wet, while it did look dry before :wink: ) ).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.