Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here it go's.......
I went to a stable to see it to possablly board and i thought all the people and the owner were sooooooo nice and there are all older ladys out there and only like 10 boarders. But......he (the owner) used to be big in the arabin world and for some reason people weren't to fond of him. and dident realy like him.....but now he dont do that and is older and retired but for horse boarding. and i thought it was great..and some of my friends found out i was moveing there and were like why would you want to.... so do i beleave what they say???? or let it go in one ear and out the other??? :cry:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i think go for it. if you end up not liking the guy then you can move,which might suck, but they jsut might be rumors, or maybe he changed. but i would take the chance, as long as the rumors arent about how he abuses horses or they dont get fed, or watered. then it should be fine...maybe ask the other boarders how they like it there and how good the care is. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, the care for the horses is great and the place is nice!! i'll post pics tomorrow!! its just that when ya hear things like that it got me all confuzed!!!!lol i am moveing him tomorrow.. but i just dont want my friends turning on me 4 it!!:cry:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
as logn as the care is good and the people are nice, then i think you will have fun!! i hope all goes well :) i dont think your friends would turn on you for that, if they do theyre not your friends... i cant wait to see pics!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
your hrose is so cute!!!! it looks like a nice place! i hope you make lots of new friends and have plenty of fun there!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
To the OP: I see you're from Sheboygan? I'm from over by GB. I was wondering what the name of the place was? You could PM me if you wanted. I think I've been there, is all. :lol:

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Good for you. Listening to your gut.

Lots of 'sour grapes' in the horse world. Takes people like you to help get rid of them!

No place is perfect for everyone. It just has to suit the needs of you and your horse.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Glad you took the chance and moved in. Looks like a nice facility.

When I was younger, I was not the nicest competitor. And with the midwestern eventing community so small, a lot of people will not associate with me based on my 11 and 12 year old self. It's hard to convince people you have changed so I feel for the guy!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
One thing that I have learned in the "horse world" is there are a lot of opinions out there! It seems like everyone has one....I agree sometimes you have to just try it and see for yourself! It is true just because it didnt work out for someone doesnt mean that it wont work out for you.
Your horse is so pretty in the snow btw and the barn looks nice from the pics you posted. : )

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh its a great place and i love it... and thats all that matters i fugured that out!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well I understand about what a previous poster said on people's opinions. Many people based their opinion on my step-father on a pretty bad time when his daughter's horse had an undiagnosed issue that caused intense mood swings in the horse. It almost killed her, and then almost killed him going insane. He reacted out of anger and fear which is always bad. he takes wonderful care of his horses and I have never seen him beat a horse, but after that night many people accused him of it. His friend stopped him, and I have to admit that if I thought that horse could have just killed my little girl I could have reacted the same way. He felt bad afterwards, and he sold the horse after it got treated. He realized that he had gotten way too emotional and could not fairly handle that horse anymore.

He has calmed down a lot, and he is very protective of his horses. They are taken care of wonderfully and trained based on each horse's needs. It's taken quite a few years for people to see him in any other light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.