The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two horse had to me put down this week. Force had a sever rotated coffin bone in his left leg and would never be pasture sound. He was loosing weight fast and the corrective shoes were not helping. Poor guy was only 8 and he was a half bother to one of my other horses. He was very talented and we had a special bond and nobody could break that.

My second horse was Stretch and he needed a 3rd surgery. Sadly he lost a ton of blood during surgery and they could not save him He was so amazing and taught me so many things and I am very happy we shared the last 2 years together.

This is so hard last night it hit me that I wont be able to give my brood mare, mini mare, thoroughbred colt or these two a thanksgiving treat.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
sad.....

I am soooo sorry for you loss. They are in heaven smiling down on you....I know how you feel. I lost my mare last year.

·
Registered
162 Posts
so very sorry for your loss you are in my thoughts {{hugs}}

·
Registered
987 Posts
I am sorry for your losses. It is hard to lose them. I do know how you feel we lost 3 foals this year all of them died in the first day of life.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So sorry for your loss, I had to have my mare put down last year after 18 years together and then last week we had to have one of our others put down, he was a wobbler and was having a real hard time staying on all 4 feet when it was wet out and I couldn't stand the thought of coming home and finding him laying in the pasture with a broken leg. I owned him for 5 years and never rode him because of his condition, but I loved him very much. It is a very hard thing to do, it's amazing how they change who we are.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Although it is sad and I'm sorry for your loss, I'm happy that you had them in your life, no matter if it was only for a short time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks you don't know how happy I was to share the last 2 years with one of them and having both in my life. They were a fun to have around and ride. Anyone else that has lost a horse or pony let me know if you want a pic like this one made.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yes I would. How much is it? I would like one done of Skylar. One of Sky's foal born in May that we lost this year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
its very hard i totally understand i lost 2 of mine in a 24 hour period 1 due to cancer and then a day later i lost my throughbred to anaphylic shock due to peni injection.your in my thoughts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.