The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for used saddles and came across the Henri de Rivel club saddle new for $445. That just didn't seem right to me. I have heard great things about HDR's but am wondering if the club saddle is a cheaper saddle of theirs. Are they good quality saddles? Has anyone had any experience with those saddles?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
HDR has several lines ranging from pretty cruddy to not half bad. Their Club line is down at the bottom of the cruddy, as reflected in the purchase price :wink: I would not personally not buy anything from their Advantage or Club line. You'll find mixed reviews on their Pro lines and up, but all of the pros that I've known have been decent little saddles. I have a friend with a Rivella as well and, while I haven't interacted with it too terribly much, it seems like a reasonably nice saddle for the price. For the $400something price tag of the Club you could look around and find a much nicer used Pro.

I have heard from multiple sources that HDR quality, especially in the Pro line, has gone downhill greatly over the years. As such, I would recommend buying one that's used and several years old instead of new, though I can't personally vouch for the change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.