·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Are you needing advice on your current saddle fit or another everyday rider saddle? If wanting to purchase another saddle and save your Tex Tan for shows, I suggest trying on different saddles around you before purchasing. See what fits him. He 'looks' to me to be a 6 3/4 gullet, but at 16.2hh, looks can be deceiving in pictures. If you can find a saddle fitter in your area, it would take the guess work out of it for you.

·
Premium Member
23,932 Posts
Not exactly sure what you're asking either. I presume you're wanting to know about the fit of your current saddle? And suggestions for a new 'every day' saddle? And I presume you want a western for the every day one too?

Re current saddle fit, you need to post a range of pics of different angles of horse with saddle, *without a pad, to give an idea of how & where the saddle sits, how the gullet/bars fit, etc.

Re a new saddle, I presume that's why you showed the first couple of pics, but can't tell you what saddles would be good for him by pics like that. Only general suggestion I could make there is, get a saddle that fits the horse comfortably. Even if we could give much more with that much, without knowing what you're after, what's your budget, new or second hand, what size/type saddle YOU need, etc, etc, could get lots of irrelevant stuff anyway. So you need to provide more info.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I ride several different horses each year that all are built differently. Both my saddles are built on similar trees with 4” hand hole and 92 degree bars. It is not practical to have a saddle made that only fits one horse. With the exception of a large a draft type horse I can adjust the fit with different thicknesses of saddle pads or by adding a blanket over a pads. With a high withered horse make sure the gullet is not making contact with the top of the wither.

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
Need saddle advice. Have OTTB 16.2hh. Posting pics. I am western pleasure riding and need saddle suggestions.

Looking at pictures of your horse, you are probably going to be most successful with something that has a semi-QH bar tree, but that's a very general guideline. Ultimately, you need to try the saddle on your horse to know if it fits properly or not.

Have Tan Tex show saddle (in the process of cleaning up) but may need something else as my everyday.

Looking at pictures of your current saddle, why do you have it padded up so strangely? The western pad looks too short for the saddle and you have two English pads over the top. What is your reasoning for this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.