The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been doing some research and I found a saddle place somewhat near to me. They offer English and Western and Treeless and whatever else you can think of. Nice. I cannot find a saddle fitter, though! So, I am going to have to ask the shop owner or do it myself or something... Unfortunately, I cannot trailer, so I will have to do it a neanderthal. I need to take wither and back tracings and take body shots. Ideally, they would be taken when the horse is standing square with their head and neck neutral. How does one do that? I have trouble squaring up my horse. I can manipulate her legs, but she moves them when as soon as I step back. Now what? How do I get good whither and back tracings and body shots when my horse keeps standing all wonky? The tack shop is not super close, so I'd prefer to not to keep running back and forth (other than when I do trials, obviously). I think you can fudge the hind legs, maybe. I do not think so with the the front because it messes up the shoulders too much. ugh

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Well I taught my horse to stand nicely with the command "stand". Every time she stood nice I gave her a treat. Then I would wait 1 second before treat. Then 2. Then 3. Lots of going back and starting again or going back to 1 second. Before covid hit should could stand over 30 seconds-1minute holding the same position like a statue waiting patiently for her treat. I would also walk around her both ways, faff with her tail and mane or walk away. Very much like teaching a dog to "Stay".

That or get a second helper! :p

·
Super Moderator
14,686 Posts
If you gave us a general area where you are members here might know of someone who does what you need but is word-of-mouth not advertise nor affiliated with particular companies...
This forum covers more than 1/2 the world with members...you just never know who knows someone..

:runninghorse2:....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts