The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 16 inch synthetic western saddle with full QH bars. The horse it is for is a 14.3 hand Morgan, so it cannot have a terribly long skirt. I would prefer if it was brown instead of black, but other than that, I'm not terribly picky. Do any of you guys know of (fairly) inexpensive, high quality brands that fit the bill? I can't afford much over $300 at the moment, as I need another english saddle and I'm about to spend $5000 on a new mare. She's a bit wider than my geldings, meaning that I have to buy two new saddles (western and english), as well as her. I am also looking for a 16.5-17 inch wide tree english saddle, preferably made of leather that is brown. I don't really care about shade. I will NOT be buying the english saddle new, so I will need a type saddle that holds up well. I'm looking for an All-Purpose. I do like the looks of one synthetic brand of english saddle, Thorowgood(sp), but I'm not sure how they hold up or how they are to ride in. If any of you know what they are like, any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Laura

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.