The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I bought this saddle about 20 years ago and can't remember anything about it. It's just been sitting for the past 10 years. Can anyone help me figure out details about it? If it's worth much then I'll be looking to sell it, if it's not worth more than a couple hundred then I'm going to donate it to my local lesson program. I'm wondering the size, the width, the type of saddle? I bought it to do hunter/jumper. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
12,678 Posts
The button photos are not legible. Zooming in makes it worse. If you could let us know what it says perhaps we can help.

Is there any stamp under the flaps?

·
Super Moderator
26,877 Posts
I can't tell from the pix but it looks like it could be an old Beval maybe?

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
it looks like a saddle built of good quality leather. Are you sure you are measuring the seat size correctly? you go from the brad back to the ccenter of the cantle, so it's kind of at an angle, not straight back from the pommel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it looks like a saddle built of good quality leather. Are you sure you are measuring the seat size correctly? you go from the brad back to the ccenter of the cantle, so it's kind of at an angle, not straight back from the pommel.

No, I just put a tape measure on it but I don't know the correct way to do it. Let me Google it and I'll try to get better measurements. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

No, I just put a tape measure on it but I don't know the correct way to do it. Let me Google it and I'll try to get better measurements. Thank you!

The buttons say "Beval Ltd" and there's a metal tag that says "Made in Argentina". I know there's different types of saddles made by Beval though. Do you guys think it's a close contact saddle? That's the only kind I remember.

I also looked for a serial number or anything stamped on the leather but can't find anything.

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I added a photo with the correct way to measure. Looks like it's 17.5", and a medium width? Does that sound right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts