The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've posted our saddles, girths, reins, tack, ect.

But what's your preference on saddle pads?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have 4 brands that I love, have used, and have had nothing but great results from them.

Classic Equine ESP
Impact Gel
Clinton Anderson PRS
EquiPedic

I have 2 ESPs, 5 Impact Gels, 1 PRS, and I EquiPedic.

All four absorb shock, have great padding and support and I have not had a problem with them soring up a horse.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ well that's good to know

Just ordered an Impact Gel pad, my old horse had a Classic Equine Bio Fit for her high withers, have an old Professionals Choice Air Ride pad. I also have a Reinsman pad. The last two have become inbetween pads or extras. I like nice pads, loved my CE, and I've really never had an issue with any of them. Just getting something with plenty of support.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I have all ESP pads..I want to try an Impact Gel on my new mare.. But I'm also eyeing the Classic Equine BioFit pad..My favorites are the ESP pads though. Love, love, love them.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
I have an SMX Air Ride, Two Tacky Too pads by reinsman, an Impact Gel, Clinton Anderson PRS, and one really thin one that's a no-brand that I use on Bailey because she's too fat to have anymore than that. lol

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I have an Impact Gel for my horse and I love it.

I have heard wonderful things about the Classic Equine ESP pads, and 5 Star pads.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I hate Impact Gels. The gel builds up heat over time and can damage the spine in the cellular level ;same principle when using neoprene boots)

I'll only use a 5 Star or Best Ever. I've had CE pads....smx pas...prs etc and I'll never ride in anything else.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I hate Impact Gels. The gel builds up heat over time and can damage the spine in the cellular level ;same principle when using neoprene boots)
That's funny because the gel doesn't even go over the spine. It is only in the area of the saddle bars. The rest is wool felt.

Anyway, I have several Impact Gels and one 5-Star and I love them.

I have a Reinsman Tacky Too and it's okay but not very thick for my liking. And I have some Professional's Choice Air Rides and I think they are hot on the horse as well as not very thick.

I like good quality wool felt the best, which is what both Impact Gel and 5 Star use. :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I can give you the number of Dr Ford in TX if you'd like.
As well as several performance vets. I'm going on what they told me.

The heat is trapped and can't escape and builds up heat OVER THE WHOLE BACK.

I do like the CE pads as a 3rd choice.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have tried soo many pads but I just got my first Best Ever felt pad and I LOVE it! It is such a nicely made pad and fits great. So far so good in the couple rides we have done. I think I am sold on this one ;) I personally just won't use neoprene pads as they just seem like they wouldnt be as comfortable for the horse and I know my moms mare sweats HORRIBLY underneath them while my gelding in felt stays pretty dang dry. I have read reviews on the Impact Gel that say something similar regarding the heat build up and damage but I have never tried them. And 1RedHorse, are you saying the same concept applies to SMB's?

·
Registered
625 Posts
When you put any material on a horse that traps heat and doesn't breathe well....it causes damage on the cellular level. Thats why it's important not to leave support boots on for prolonged periods. I usually use polos in the summer and quickly unwrap after my run.

I'm glad you like your BE pad :)

I ordered a 5 star after I ordered my BE from Lance....can't tell which one works better yet....both are great.

I'm still on the fence about Wade pads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.