The Horse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm just about to start a new lease, and am looking for saddle pad brand recommendations. I've been using just the AP Dover brand for the past 5 years, and although they've worked for the price I'm looking for a nicer pad. I'm a hunter/jumper, so preferably an jumper pad although an AP would also work. My budget is around 50-90 USD. Any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
13,766 Posts
We use the Weatherbeeta. They have several styles. Lemeiux is one the girls at the barn favor but they look similar and seem to both be well made and last under heavy use.

·
Super Moderator
16,082 Posts
Shires, EcoGold, Wilkers, Medallion are all brands I've handled and seen longevity and look nice over time.
Dover house brand I believe is Medallion made.
🐴...

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I have a LOT of weatherbeeta pads. They're a great shape for my horses' backs, come in some fantastic colours, sit really nicely under my saddles (jump and dressage), and are great value for money. My other affordable favourite is le mieux, although I favour the Loire line which isn't as affordable.

I have a few PS of Sweden, an Equito, and a Mattes as well. I probably won't buy another Mattes. I was disappointed that they don't even back the velcro.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 5 Star 3/4" that I use and love it. Easy to clean and works in all weather. I can't remember if this is within your budget but I've not had to replace it in so long that I forgot what I paid for it and it still looks great.

Reactions: LouiePdelta

·
Registered
Horsey Girl <3
29 Posts
Hello!

I'm just about to start a new lease, and am looking for saddle pad brand recommendations. I've been using just the AP Dover brand for the past 5 years, and although they've worked for the price I'm looking for a nicer pad. I'm a hunter/jumper, so preferably an jumper pad although an AP would also work. My budget is around 50-90 USD. Any recommendations?
Lemuix or weatherbeeta close contact pads work really well for jumping!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I really like Roma, Waldhausen, Wilker's, PRI, and Lettía. All are quality made, and Wilker's (and I believe PRI as well) have a lot of customization options. I really love my custom monogrammed Wilker's!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a LOT of weatherbeeta pads. They're a great shape for my horses' backs, come in some fantastic colours, sit really nicely under my saddles (jump and dressage), and are great value for money. My other affordable favourite is le mieux, although I favour the Loire line which isn't as affordable.

I have a few PS of Sweden, an Equito, and a Mattes as well. I probably won't buy another Mattes. I was disappointed that they don't even back the velcro.
Good to know! I’ll make sure to stay away from Mattes.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Good to know! I’ll make sure to stay away from Mattes.
Other than the unbacked velcro they're beautiful quality pads, I just find it really disappointing that for the price you pay for a Mattes (especially a custom with sheepskin) they send you a pad that feels (to me) unfinished. I can't think of any similarly priced brand that doesn't back their velcro.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use a Saxon Coordinate pad. I ride a small pony, and it fits him nicely. It is a good price, has a very nice contour, is made of high quality material, and has a mesh underside. When I use it, I don't need a withers pad on my pony!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts