The Horse Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hello,
I have just started leasing this horse and I love him!! I wanted to buy a nice matching colorful saddle pad set for him but I don't know which one. what do you think?
(the picture of the horse is the second picture)
(the pictures of the saddle pad sets are pictures 1 and 3-10)
Product Bag Luggage and bags Sleeve Rectangle
Horse Working animal Bit Horse supplies Bridle

Product Luggage and bags Rectangle Bag Font

Product Luggage and bags Rectangle Font Bag

Sleeve Bag Rectangle Font Headgear

Product Automotive lighting Gold Rectangle Font

Product Sleeve Luggage and bags Font Rectangle

Rectangle Bag Luggage and bags Font Sleeve

Jeans Shoe Jersey Bag Sleeve

Tie Rectangle Font Bag Electric blue

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
That was quick. Did you figure out how much he leased for and get everything agreed on in just a couple of hours?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Glad you got everything figured out regarding the lease. Just make sure you confirm the owner's are okay with you switching up his saddle pad/boots before purchasing anything. Ultimately its the owners decision what he is ridden in and some owners will be hesitant to change whats already working for a horse. That being said if the owner's are okay with it I would keep it neutral, Navy or Burgundy.

·
Registered
I currently Don't own/lease a horse but I do ride school horses.
42 Posts
hello,
I have just started leasing this horse and I love him!! I wanted to buy a nice matching colorful saddle pad set for him but I don't know which one. what do you think?
(the pictures of the saddle pad sets are pictures 1 and 3-10) View attachment 1128634 View attachment 1128628

View attachment 1128633
View attachment 1128636
View attachment 1128631
View attachment 1128635
View attachment 1128632
View attachment 1128630
View attachment 1128629
View attachment 1128627
The cherry red, rose gold glitter, navy glitter, and burgundy/gray sets would look good on him/her.

·
Registered
50,804 Posts
I would not buy any of those sets that include the stirrups. They would have to be really cheaply made stirrups indeed to be included for that price. That's like putting cheap brakes on your car, . . . penny wise and pound foolish.

·
Registered
50,804 Posts
Also, glitter may rub off and get all over everything. There is one rule of good design, and it applies to fashion too:
the KISS theory which stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid!

don't think I"m callling you stupid. It's just the way the acronym reads. Clean, simple colors are the best.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, glitter may rub off and get all over everything. There is one rule of good design, and it applies to fashion too:
the KISS theory which stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid!

don't think I"m callling you stupid. It's just the way the acronym reads. Clean, simple colors are the best.
okay thank you for your advice

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The other thing is the saddle on the horse is a GP/AP. Dressage pads are cut very straight which means you might end up with the binding seam underneath the flap rather than in front of it. So for that saddle you'd be better off with an AP pad which'll be cut slightly more forward.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The other thing is the saddle on the horse is a GP/AP. Dressage pads are cut very straight which means you might end up with the binding seam underneath the flap rather than in front of it. So for that saddle you'd be better off with an AP pad which'll be cut slightly more forward.
yes I know I am now using a dressage saddle instead

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oooh. My vote would be rose gold, or teal. I think the rose gold might pop better though since its lighter. But be weary of the glitter, I mean in general it gets everywhere but I feel like that would mess with the saddle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hello,
(the pictures of the saddle pad sets are pictures 1 and 3-10) View attachment 1128634 View attachment 1128737

View attachment 1128633
View attachment 1128636
View attachment 1128631
View attachment 1128635
View attachment 1128632
View attachment 1128630
View attachment 1128629
View attachment 1128627
I really don't like the gold one

·
Registered
316 Posts
Congratulations on your lease!

I love all of these. I think burgundy would look really sharp on him, though I also personally love rose gold, teal, and turquoise/pink, as I love those colors in general. I think it would also depend on whether you're going for a more understated look, or more bright/popping. I like both burgundy and navy for the former, and teal and turquoise/pink for the latter.

Agreed to be leery of cheap stirrups, as that's a safety issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations on your lease!

I love all of these. I think burgundy would look really sharp on him, though I also personally love rose gold, teal, and turquoise/pink, as I love those colors in general. I think it would also depend on whether you're going for a more understated look, or more bright/popping. I like both burgundy and navy for the former, and teal and turquoise/pink for the latter.

Agreed to be leery of cheap stirrups, as that's a safety issue.
yes I saw in the description of the product that the stirrups are sold separately.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts