The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a decent saddle for me and my horse.
It would be nice if I could get one for about $2200 or under if it's possible.

I have a dressage saddle, 16,5", that fits great and it looks like this from the front;

She's like a ball, :-| so I guess that a wide saddle is a must.

This is the horse I'm talking about. She don't look like a ball from the side, but she sure is one.

(Lacking a bit of muscles in this picture though.)

(In better condition in this picture.)

(She change the side of her mane all the time. :p)

What kind of saddles should I bee looking for? :)

·
Registered
13,661 Posts
Did not know she is from Sweden. Changes things a little. Maybe ordering a template from here is a start.
Western Saddle Fitting and Different Tree Sizes
The Printable Templates on that site work very well, the key is to assemble the Templates and place on your Horse, then take pics of the Template on your Horse and send to the Saddle Maker to see how they fit.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tips everyone!

Sierrams1123; I'm most interested of Trail, Western Riding and Western Horsemanship.

mildot; Around where I live, I would have to load my horse up and drive for at least 3 hours to get to the only professional I
know about, who have western saddles for sale and could fit a western saddle for my horse. And that will not be possible
for a while, she's going to have a foal in May, and I would not like to load her and the baby up to drive 3 hours for a saddle
fitting. But I have a few good western riders around here, that probably could help me with the fitting. I am perfectly capable
of fitting a English saddle, but has little experience with western saddles. So I will get help with the fitting of the saddle.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Try KO Trading.
I love there saddles, very nice quality and reasonable prices.
You can even build your own saddle for very cheap.
they have a number you can call to talk to them and I know they would ne able to help you.

kotrading.com

·
Registered
17,293 Posts
I suggest you start with an Arab saddle if you can borrow one. Look at the angle of the fit, same as you do with your dressage saddle. Be sure there is good clearance above the withers when you are in the saddle. Ride in it until her back sweats then check the sweat pattern for evenness. Even if not sweated there will be a difference is the heat when you run a hand front to back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.